Right now it seems like it’s getting out of hand. Like we all know about Drake vs Meek but in the Grime scene right now it’s looking to be more like a 50 Cent vs Ja Rule. If you haven’t guessed (or looked at the title and picture) I’m talking about Bugzy Vs Chip; these two are serious, it’s not just a couple of diss tracks anymore…they want to end careers.
Bugzy released track entitled ‘#Wasteman’ which came out on Link Up TV coming back at Chip’s ‘light work’. Chip then less than 8 hours later came back with a diss track and music video entitled ‘Dickhead’. Then Bugzy realised another almost immediately entitled: ‘Zombie Riddem’.
Now here comes my opinion:
- First couple bars he held it down; talking about how people can chat, but his got the numbers to prove his making moves.
- The Hook…’Wasteman’ is good, its catchy does what it needs to be doing.
- He played the time line, with Chip taking 5 months to respond (acting like Meek)…which was a good punch line and went off it a bit too.
- Referred to Chip’s 96 Bars of revenge, how 46 bars wee wasted
- After that though, it went to him spitting irrelevant, already played out disses that we all heard before, and to be fair what we’re used to hearing.
- The back of his head
- Football punch lines
- The bar: “He can’t have a fight like Rya and Ken…only get brave with a pen” – well obviously, you’re a big lad you’ll probably weigh in Chip, but you lot are Grime artists, your meant get brave with a pen.
- Came back with something very hard, stayed to his promise on twitter for 11pm release and proved he doesn’t run out of bars
- Just giving out data (who Bugzy’s been talking to find info)
- Replied to his punchlines/disses:
- came back at Bugzy’s line about struggling to pay rent… “I own my home.”
- The Tracky…he pulls it off, Bugzy can’t
- Had good punchlines, added humour and gave the impression that this doesn’t really care about this beef…moved on to Tinie (again)
- His growing his hair back, just to prove he can (the way he said it though…lol)
- Also Like #Wastman, had some fillers to keep the flow running
- Could have been a little longer towards the end, compared to Bugzy’s was a little short with the lines (excluding the hook)
I decided not to talk about Zombie Killer, other than what Bugzy said at the end, which is a good idea. There should be a show where the two just clash…just bar it out, JumpoffTV like.
But Listen, I write this in a non-biased, open minded with a referee mentality. Both these artist are good at what they do. But coming from what I seen/heard, Chip is just is just doing it…better. His delivery, the bars, the punchlines, the personality in the music. It just goes that one step further than Bugzy. But don’t get us wrong, Bugzy’s flow, and characteristics (musically), and view count is pretty good. Overall, this is a win win situation for the both of them, this is some of the best publicity for both the artist, and some amazing things has happened and can happen for both of them as well.
So that’s the October round up so far, I’m sure something else will come out of this, we’ll just have to wait and see.